Water Damage Emergency Help
SERVPRO documents the damage and cleaning process to verify your property's drying. After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Check for electrical hazards.
- Watch out for "slip and fall" hazards.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What to do After Flooding
- Gather loose items from the floor.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove or prop up wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil, wood blocks or cinder blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
- Call SERVPRO of Northwest Orlando because we specialize in water damage cleaning, restoration and reconstruction!
What NOT to do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
However, if disaster does strike, trust your local SERVPRO of Northwest Orlando to be by your side when you need us. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week- including holidays!